The Arc is committed to the Health and Safety of our participants, staff and the community. The Arc is working from home wherever possible and we hope you are too. The Arc’s group homes and apartments for individuals who need 24/7 staff assistance cannot close. The staff who support these homes must go to work. We implore you to stay home and make it safer for our residents and our staff who can’t stay home.
The following programs are closed until further notice:
- Adult Day Programs
- Saturday Respite Program
- Special Quest after school program
- CHILD Center “Our Time Groups”
- Canteen dances and recreation events
- The Vocational Training Programs (Hoehne Center and Elmwood Industries) – however we are still shipping orders. For questions about production or order fulfillment please contact Customer Service by email to Customerservice@arcbp.com
The following programs are operational:
- Early Intervention is providing services via telehealth.
- Family Support & Companion – staff are telecommuting, please email email@example.com or call and leave a voice mail for Olga Podolsky if you need assistance.
- Stresspite and Self-Directed respite – staff are telecommuting. Please call and leave a voice mail or email for assistance. Checks were mailed Thursday 3/26/2020.
- Project Search – staff are telecommuting and supporting the education program being provided remotely by BCSS.
Residential Homes and Apartments
- The Arc’s 24/7 group homes and apartments are running well thanks to our dedicated staff. The focus of the whole Arc family is on keeping our homes staffed, supplied and safe. In addition, we are checking on our clients who live in more independent settings on a daily basis to ensure they are healthy, have food and supplies and to assist with anything they need.
The Arc’s staff have been amazing. They are going to work every day, every shift while the rest of the nation (hopefully) stays home. Staff are shopping and delivering and managing inventory, setting up activities, developing technology solutions and caring for our residents. They are our heroes!
Our supporters have asked what we need. We are working hard to keep our homes and apartments supplied however the lack of availability of certain items makes this a challenge. If you have any of these items and would like to donate them to The Arc you can drop them in the outer lobby of our headquarters at 223 Moore Street Hackensack. The doors are open from 9:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Supplies can be dropped off without encountering anyone.
- Clorox type wipes
- Lysol type spray
- Probe covers for digital thermometers
As we move into the second month of quarantine, our front line staff have been working non-stop to care for our residents. Sponsoring a take out meal for our homes brings joy to the residents and gives the staff a break from preparing meals.
Like other front line health care workers, Arc staff need personal protective equipment. Our staff are wearing N95/KN95 masks at all times and additional PPE if someone becomes ill. Thanks to the assistance of some Arc supporters we have been able to import KN95 and surgical masks and other PPE for our staff.
The costs are very high. Please consider donating to The Arc to help us continue to purchase the Personal Protective Equipment our staff needs to keep themselves and the people we serve safe.
Thank you to the Bergen County United Way for donating surgical masks to all The Arcs in New Jersey. We cannot thank you enogh. Your donation helped us get through until we get a shipment of masks.
Help The Arc provide Personal Protective Equipment to keep our front line staff and the individuals they serve safe.
Thank You Croonquist Group
Thank you to Arc Foundation Board member, Tom Croonquist and everyone at the Croonquist Group of Janney Montgomery Scott. They donated 200 Panera box lunches for all the staff and residents of our homes to honor our amazing staff for their work 24/7 caring for the people we serve during this pandemic. Thank you Tom, you lifted everyone's spirits today.
The Croonquist Group/ Janney Montgomery Scott
Thank You United Way
Thank You to Tom Toronto and the Bergen United Way for donating surgical masks and gloves to all the Arc Chapters to help keep our staff and the people we serve safe.
Check out The Arc's Video
Click picture to download 2020 Graduation Timeline
Direct Support Professionals deserve a living wage. Click picture for more information or to join the coalition.
Senator Sweeney with advocates including ArcBP President/CEO at the Senate budget hearing. Senator Sweeney sponsored S-1194 to provide a supplemental appropriation for FY 2020 to raise the wages of Direct Support Professionals. The bill was unanimously voted out of committee. Thank you to all our Legislators who supported this important bill. Look for more information as the bill moves to the full Senate and also through the Assembly.
Kathy Walsh, President/CEO with Assemblyman Benjie Wimberly at the Statehouse advocating for a competitive wage for our wonderful direct care staff. Thank you ASM Wimberly for supporting individuals with intellectual and other developmental disabilities and their families. #strongerfairernj = #IndexDSPwages #WeCan'tWait