The Arc is committed to the Health and Safety of our participants, staff and the community. The Arc is working from home wherever possible and we hope you are too. The Arc’s group homes and apartments for individuals who need 24/7 staff assistance cannot close. The staff who support these homes must go to work. We implore you to stay home and make it safer for our residents and our staff who can’t stay home.
The following programs are closed until further notice:
- Adult Day Programs
- Saturday Respite Program
- Special Quest after school program
- CHILD Center “Our Time Groups”
- Canteen dances and recreation events
- The Vocational Training Programs (Hoehne Center and Elmwood Industries) – however we are still shipping orders. For questions about production or order fulfillment please contact Customer Service by email to Customerservice@arcbp.com
The following programs are operational:
- Early Intervention is providing services via telehealth.
- Family Support & Companion – staff are telecommuting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call and leave a voice mail for Olga Podolsky if you need assistance.
- Stresspite and Self-Directed respite – staff are telecommuting. Please call and leave a voice mail or email for assistance.
- Project Search – staff are telecommuting and supporting the education program being provided remotely by BCSS.
- Residential Homes and Apartments
Residential Homes and Apartments:
The Arc’s 24/7 group homes and apartments are running well thanks to our dedicated staff. The focus of the whole Arc family is on keeping our homes staffed, supplied and safe. In addition, we are checking on our clients who live in more independent settings on a daily basis to ensure they are healthy, have food and supplies and to assist with anything they need.
The Arc’s staff have been amazing. They are going to work every day, every shift while the rest of the nation (hopefully) stays home. Staff are shopping and delivering and managing inventory, setting up activities, developing technology solutions and caring for our residents. They are our heroes!
Our supporters have asked what we need. We are working hard to keep our homes and apartments supplied however the lack of availability of certain items makes this a challenge. If you have any of these items and would like to donate them to The Arc you can drop them in the outer lobby of our headquarters at 223 Moore Street Hackensack. The doors are open from 9:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Supplies can be dropped off without encountering anyone.
- Clorox type wipes
- Lysol type spray
Sponsor a meal for our homes
Our front line staff have been working non-stop to care for our residents. Sponsoring a take out meal for our homes brings joy to the residents and gives the staff a break from preparing meals.
Personal Protective Equipment
Like other front line health care workers, Arc staff need personal protective equipment. Our staff are wearing masks at all times and additional PPE if someone becomes ill. Thanks to the assistance of some Arc supporters we have been able to import masks and other PPE for our staff. The costs are very high.