Skip to main content

Camp Tuition Assistance


State of NJ Department of Children & Family Services- Children’s System of Care (CSOC) for children under 21 years of age:

  • You must first be deemed eligible for services from DCF/ CSOC. To do this go to the  PerformCare website and complete the eligibility application: PerformCare  or call 1-877-652-7624.
  • If you are eligible for services from DCF/CSOC go to the PerformCare CampApplication  or call 1-877-652-7624 to complete a camp funding application.
  • Make sure to specify Camp Rainbow. You need to be in touch with us because you have to have applied with us, to apply with PerformCare.
  • You must apply for CSOC funding if you are eligible, before The Arc will consider any additional Campership. We will help you with this application – please call us!
  • DCF/CSOC generally only pays for ten days of Camp.

Extended School Year – School age children may be eligible to attend Rainbow as their Extended School Year program. If your child is school-age you must approach your Child Study Team and request an Extended School Year program. This will need to be included in the child’s IEP. Provide the team with the Extended School Year packet which is included with the Rainbow Application . You will need to have the District complete and return the Extended School Year Confirmation Form to The Arc.(which is also in the packet)


State of NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) for Adults 21 years of age and older 

  • If you are eligible for DDD services you need to contact your Support Coordinator and request authorization for Camp. Camp has a Cap Rate. You must also request funding for transportation. You must access your budget before The Arc will consider any additional Camperships.

Bergen County Division of Disability Services

  • The Bergen County Division of Disability Services sometimes has campership funding available for Bergen County residents 18 and older. Contact the Respite Program at: 201-336-6503/6506 for eligibility information. Bergen County Respite Program


All Ages

Charitable/benevolent organizations-  Local community organizations often provide camperships for their local community members.  Some examples are: Elks, Kiwanis, Rotary, Lions, Knights of Columbus, Knights of Phythias, Masons, Women’s Club, UNICO. If you would like a sample letter we can provide one, just call Shayna Eddy @ 201-343-0322 or email

The Arc’s Rainbow Camperships (Tuition Assistance)

  • The Arc has a limited number of camperships available for the Rainbow Program to assist eligible families with tuition assistance. To apply for a campership for the week or weeks not covered by another funding source, please complete the Request for Campership Form (Tuition Assistance) and return it with your camper application.


All forms are provided with the camper application