Helping Individuals With Disabilities and Their Families to Achieve Their Dreams Since 1947.
The Arc of Bergen and Passaic Counties is a private not-for profit organization of families, self advocates, professionals and community members dedicated to assisting individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. The Arc is a membership organization affiliated with The Arc of New Jersey and The Arc of the United States.
"With help from the staff of The Arc of Bergen and Passaic Counties, I can do things that people never thought I could do." - Mark, Arc program participant.
The Arc's 2013 Holiday Wish Tree Tag Book is ready! Please help the make the Holidays Happy for a child or adult in need this season by granting a holiday wish. Gifts can be purchased and dropped off at The Arc's headquarters. Please check out the tag book for more details.
This is an opportunity for stakeholders and the public to provide oral or written testimony for the FY 2015 state budget.
This is a chance to advocate for better salaries for all of the direct care staff who make a difference in people's lives every day and a cost of care increase to cover the escalating costs of running programs.
Did you know that?
* In the last six years providers have received only a one time .5% increase.
* An increase in the minimum wage will require providers to raise some salaries without the resources to do it.
* It is essential that providers remain competitive with regard to wages for the retention and recruitment of qualified personnel.
* The cost of utilities, rent, food, maintenance, gasoline continues to rise
* Direct Care personnel deserve to earn a living wage with reasonable inflationary increases.
The Arc is hosting another Mom 2 Mom group on December 3, 2013 at 7:00pm in Fairlawn. Please register with Mom 2 Mom for address and directions. Call 1-877-914-6662.
The Arc's Annual Holiday Dinner will be at the beautiful Venetian in Garfield on December 11th. Reserve your ticket now and check out our sponsorship opportunities for The Arc's most festive event.
The Arc's Archive Gift Shoppe has launched it's annual fresh wreath sale. These beautiful balsam wreaths will add a festive flair to your home or office. All proceeds go to support the programs and services of The Arc.